Dance is as competitive as sport, where only the fittest, strongest, most strategic thinking, most diligent practitioners survive. Dancers are athletes of the highest calibre”
– Charlotte Vincent
In addition to demonstrating their love for art Bharatnatyam provides excellent benefits to the practitioners. The dedicated practice is known to provide as many health benefits as Yoga. Below are some advantages –
- Flexibility – The different hand and facial expressions used to denote the storyline within the dance builds body balance and enhance flexibility.
- Concentration – The dance exponent is expected to learn a significant number of steps and gestures thus improving their mental concentration.
- Builds stamina – The vigorous dance steps challenges the body and stamina by extracting the maximum out of your muscles and tissues.
- Heart friendly – The functioning of the heart muscles is improved significantly by energetic performance extracted by this dance form.
- Weight control – The complexity of the movements and jumps and muscle use helps dancers to stay away from weight gain for a long period of time.
- Skin Glow – The dance facilitates sweating and removal of toxins thus energizing the skin’s surface.
The perfect synchronisation of rhythms and expressions makes it a complete exercise for heart, mind, and body.