Padmalakshmi Sriram is very passionate about dance and started learning bharatanatyam at the age of seven. She completed her Arangetram under the guidance of Guru Smt. Anuradha at Kanchipuram. She has given many stage performances, participated in various classical dance competitions and won prizes at state and district levels during her school and college days. Her dance elegance and movements were widely appreciated by the audiences during her school days.
In various cultural events and dance festivals across Tamil Nadu, she had shown her skills as a professional dancer. In 2006, she took valuable guidance from Kalaimamani Dr. Ambika Kameshwar, the Director of RASA to gain better perspective and expertise in the dance form. She has participated in several dance productions and worked as a qualified dance teacher at RASA Arpita. She has choreographed many thematic programmes for Chettinad Vidyashram during her association with the school.
Her passion for classical dance and encouragement from her peers prompted her to set up the dance school in 2009, which met with immediate success owing to the easy way in which her students gained mastery over the dance form. Her achievements include –
- Awards at state and district level dance competitions
- Performed in a devotional video dance album recently
- Choreography of a Tamil short film with her disciples.
- One of the 1000 dancers (Guinness Book of Records) performed at Thanjavur, marking the 1000th year anniversary of Brihadeeshwarar temple.
- Performed at various prestigious dance sabhas in and around India.
She has been involved with training young minds in Bharatnatyam since 1994 and is a strong believer in attaining grace and perfection through hours of practice and hard work. She believes in upholding the rich culture of ancient India with her contributions.